Welcome to The Retirement Manifesto, a canvas for “Helping People Achieve A Great Retirement”! I focus on practical Financial Independence and Retirement Planning issues for folks within ten years of retirement.
My wife and I are on a journey toward early retirement in 2018 at the age of 55, and are sharing the lessons we’re learning along the way. We recently sold our primary home, and moved into a cabin in the North Georgia mountains as part of our downsizing strategy for retirement (read about our downsizing strategy here):
I’m pleased with the recognition this blog has received, as it indicates there are folks walking a journey similar to mine, and able to learn from my experiences. This reality keeps me motivated to do what I do, which is to write content to help each of you Achieve A Great Retirement:
- One of the 10 Fastest Growing Personal Finance Blogs on the planet,
- Ranked #4 of “10 Retirement Blogs Worth Reading” from The Balance.
- Finalist in the Plutus Awards (blogging’s “Academy Awards”) for Best Retirement Blog
My goal is to educate, challenge and encourage each of you to take the steps necessary to achieve success and financial independence on your journey toward retirement. In other words, this is my “Manifesto”:
Manifesto: noun; man·i·fes·to: a written statement that describes the policies, goals, and opinions of a person or group.
If you’re new to the site, start with my Most Popular Posts , or click HERE to view a summary of everything I’ve written to date. If you’d rather listen to my perspectives, click here for my interview on the Radical Personal Finance podcast. I also have a Resource page which offers some free tools and links to other helpful sites.
If you like what you see, join my mailing list to receive a once-weekly email with new posts (no spam, ever!).
My background: I’m a 55-year-old corporate commodity trading hamster by day, an aspiring philosopher by night, and a lifelong financial “hobbyist” working who is retiring in June 2018. I’ve had the same great wife for 30 years and a wonderful 23-year-old daughter who I walked down the aisle at her wedding in July 2017. I’ve learned a bit along the way, and hope you can benefit from some of my experiences.
My articles which have received Rockstar Finance Awards are below:
- How To Build A Retirement Paycheck From Your Investments
- Stealth Wealth
- 5 Reasons Why Retirement Is Hard
- How To Downsize In 24 Hours
- The Dilbert Principles Of Personal Finance (An Infographic)
- How The Pursuit of F.I. Almost Ended My Life
- The Final Words Of A Dying Man
- The Ten Commandments Of Retirement
In addition to this site, I have been published or profiled on:
- Budgets Are Sexy
- Business Insider
- The Balance
- The Dollar Stretcher
- Financial Independence Hub
- Financial Samurai
- The Green Swan
- Rockstar Finance
- Physician On Fire
- Reddit – Ask Me Anything
- 1500 Days
- My Family On A Budget
- Modest Money
- MSN Money
- Yahoo! Finance
I have also been interviewed on the following podcasts:
- ChooseFI Drawdown Strategy (also Co-Hosted here)
- Stacking Benjamins
- Radical Personal Finance
- Your Money, Your Wealth (2nd appearance here)
- Sound Retirement Radio
- Retire Hoppy
- Retirement Journeys
- Retirement Starts Today
- Retirement Wisdom
- Richer Soul
- Rock Your Retirement
- Mo’ Money Podcast
- Planet Boomerville
I invite you to join me on the path to a great retirement! Together, we can achieve the goal of:
Helping People Achieve A Great Retirement!
Fritz Gilbert – Founder, The Retirement Manifesto
- e-mail: Fritz@TheRetirementManifesto.com
- Twitter: @RetireManifesto (Click Here)
- Facebook: TheRetirementManifesto (Click Here)
- Instagram: The_Retirement_Manifesto (Click Here)
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10
Note: Please read my important disclosures and other legal stuff HERE. Thanks!